Terminology e-Training opportunities
Check some of the resources which will help you to focus on the most typical terminology work thanks to different Terminology e-Training opportunities.
Free Online Terminology tutorials
- eCoLoTrain, a project supported by the Leonardo da Vinci programme and created by several actors in cooperation
- The Pavel terminology tutorial, offered by the Government of Canada’s Translation Bureau.
- 12-16 September 2017 (Leiden, Netherlands) – Lexicom 2017 Europe – Lexicom: an intensive workshop in lexicography and lexical computing
- 10-14 July 2017 (Cologne, Germany) – Terminology Summer School in Cologne
Online Terminology courses
- Online Master Program in Terminology (Offered by IULA: certified training institute in Terminology):
Postgraduate education in Terminology (75 ECTS) offered by Institute of Applied Linguistics at Pompeu Fabra University provides a wide range of course topics and modules, from “foundations of terminology”, to “translation memories” and “neology”. The fully interactive online courses in terminology give you the power to explore topics and learn at your pace while advancing your career as a working professional. With obtaining Online Master Diploma you can benefit from agreements between IULA and other institutions (i.e. ECQA, Pompeu Fabra University). In addition, the possibility of personalized courses and institutional cooperation provides more options for either participants or organizations.Language: English and Spanish. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Methodology for Terminology Work: This workshop focuses on the most typical terminology work: terminographical work. It involves carrying out a terminological project, within the setting of the Communicative Theory of Terminology (CTT). Organised by the Pompeu Fabra University.
- ECQA Certified Terminology Manager, offered by TermNet, the International Network for Terminology: learn the basic skills required for creating, organising and managing mono-, bi- or multilingual terminology. TermNet and partner institutions offer several presence and e-learning courses every year which lead to the ECQA Certified Terminology Manager exam. Read more about the European Certification and Qualification Association and all upcoming course dates: http://www.termnet.org/english/products_service/ecqa_ctm.php
- Terminology Management Webinars, given by Uwe Muegge, terminologist and member of the technical committee for terminology at the International Organization for Standardization.
- eCPD Webinars: they provide quality online training in the form of webinars and short training courses for translators and interpreters.
- European Certification and Qualification Association: Learn the basic skills required for creating, organising and managing mono-, bi- or multilingual terminology. Offered by TermNet.
- ELCAT: e-learning course in terminology management offered by Technische Hochschule Köln (TH Köln). Available in DE, EN, TR.
6,607 total views, 2 views today