TermCoord welcomes students, graduates and postgraduates for traineeships in our two main fields:
– Linguistic and terminology activities
– Communication and IT activities
To apply, interested candidates have to submit an online application for the traineeships offered by the European Parliament. Note that the deadline for translation traineeships is on February, 15th. If you are interested in receiving a Schuman Scholarship you can apply from March, 15th to May, 15th.
- Translation traineeship for university graduates (3 months, extendable once for another 3 months)
- Translation training placements (1–3 months, can exceptionally be extended for up to 3 months)
We recommend these two types of traineeship for candidates with experience and/or interest in terminology research and management, linguistics and linguistic engineering, as well as specialty fields such as law or European studies. You would be mostly involved in terminology work in the IATE database, terminology project coordination, collecting glossaries and other resources, external contacts organization and many other terminology-related activities.
For both translation traineeships, candidates have to decide in the first point of the application form if they would like to do a traineeship in the field of terminology (as opposed to a traineeship in translation).
You have the following two options to choose from:
– I’m applying for a translation traineeship
– I’m applying for a traineeship in the field of Terminology
We recommend these scholarships for candidates who would like to be involved mostly in communications, web-editing, journalism and social media promotion activities.
Priority is given to young people who are required to complete a traineeship as part of their course of study.
- Schuman traineeships: for graduates of universities or equivalent institutions (5 months)
- Schuman training placements: up to 4 months for non-mandatory training placements and at least 1 month for mandatory training placements.