IATE, the EU’s interinstitutional terminology database was developed in the early 2000s.
The database is managed by the IATE Management Group with representatives from the following institutions:
– The European Parliament
– The European Commission
– The Council of the European Union
– The European Court of Justice
– The European Court of Auditors
– The European Economic and Social Committee
– The Committee of the Regions
– The Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union
– The European Central Bank
– The European Investment Bank
The development of IATE 2 started in 2016 and a brand-new version of IATE has been launched on Monday 12 November 2018.
We created for you a tutorial just to make your research easier. In this tutorial, you can find some basic features of the new IATE.
For more information about the new IATE click here.
Written by Ioannis Bersos, terminology trainee at TermCoord. Ioannis was born in 1992 in Thessaloniki, Greece. He studied German Language and Literature at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and Translation at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz. He has worked as an academic assistant at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz. He participated in various academic projects within the university. He speaks Greek, German and English and he is passionate about photography. His master’s thesis was on the languages that refugees who came to Germany in 2016 and 2017 speak.