TermFolders are created for a selection of particularly important, and linguistically or terminologically problematic, legislative procedures and packages.
They are prepared by TermCoord for the translators of the European Parliament (EP) on the basis of an early warning procedure about upcoming legislative texts, in cooperation with the political instances of the EP and with the Directorate of Translation. This allows us to extract key or problematic terms from texts relevant to the legislative procedure and to prepare IATE entries for them in English, which are then completed in all other official EU languages by the terminologists of DG TRAD.
By clicking on the following links, you will access the TermFolder prepared for each legislative procedure. Each TermFolder shows the list of source terms in English and their relevant IATE ID number. The TermFolders* with an asterisk also contain a downloadable multilingual Excel file with the terms available in other EU official languages.
NB: Please bear in mind that terms may not be available in all languages and that TermFolders do not constitute a comprehensive list of terminology relevant for each legislative procedure, since the TermFolders only deal with some of the related key or problematic terms. We encourage you to check IATE for other relevant terminology that may not be included in the TermFolders.
- Data Protection
- Gender Related Terminology*
- PANA Committee of Inquiry*
- Circular Economy Package*
- Digital Single Market*
- Emission measurements in the automotive sector (EMIS)*
- Implementation of the Common Fisheries Policy*
- Capital Markets Union*
- Anti tax avoidance package*
- Five key communication projects*
- Towards a European Energy Union*
- TAXE – Tax rulings*
- Strategic own-initiative report on Migration*
- European Fund for Strategic Investments 2015/0009 (COD)*
- Intellectual property rights, 2014/2256, 2014/2151 (INI)*
- Disability Terminology
- Goods which could be used for capital punishment, torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment
- Role and operations of the Troika
- Payment Service Package
- Electronic Mass Surveillance of EU Citizens (2013/2188(INI))
- EU Roadmap against homophobia
- Railway Package
- Connected TV
- Approval of vehicles
- Animal and Plant Health Package
7,606 total views, 10 views today