- represents the European Parliament in interinstitutional management groups responsible for the EU terminology database IATE and for the knowledge-sharing tool ELISE;
- participates in the interinstitutional Language Technology Watch Group, where it is responsible for the investigation and testing of automatic term-extraction tools;
- organises regular videoconferences with the terminology coordination services of all the European Institutions;
- organises, on request, language-specific interinstitutional videoconferences for terminologists;
- provides, on request, training or presentations on IATE and terminology.
- keeps in contact with a large number of universities, terminology bodies and experts through this website as well as through its Facebook page, LinkedIn and Twitter profile;
- is member of important terminology associations, namely the European Association for Terminology (EAFT), the International Information Centre for Terminology (Infoterm) and the International Network for Terminology (TermNet);
- participates in conferences and visits international organisations and universities giving presentations about the terminology and IATE work done at the EP and other EU Institutions;
- welcomes groups from universities and public bodies and presents them the terminology work carried out within the EP;
- receives university students and professors on study visits or Erasmus visits;
- carries out pilot terminology projects with universities;
- organises larger-scale seminars with external speakers from the academic world.