Traineeships in the European Institutions
European Parliament Traineeships
1. Translation traineeships: traineeship at the European Parliament’s Directorate-General for Translation.
- Translation traineeship for university graduates: for graduates of universities or equivalent institutions, for a three-month period, which can be extended once for a further three months.
- Translation training placements: for a period of 1–3 months (which exceptionally may be extended for a maximum period of three months), intended in particular for applicants who are required to complete a training placement as part of their course of study.
- Schuman traineeship: for graduates of universities or equivalent institutions (5 months).
- Schuman training placements: up to 4 months for non-mandatory training placements and at least 1 month for mandatory training placements.
– General option: five-month traineeship in one of the units of the European Parliament.
– Journalism option: five-month traineeship in one of the units of the European Parliament for applicants with experience in journalism.
European Commission Traineeships
Council of the European Union
1. Paid traineeships: five-month traineeships within a specific department of the Council. The trainee might be assigned to attend meetings of working parties, draft minutes and carry out preparatory work or research on a particular subject.
2. Compulsory training period as part of a student’s studies: unpaid traineeships for third, fourth or fifth year students of a higher education establishment or university and whose programme of studies requires a period of training to be undertaken.
European Court of Auditors
General traineeship: five-month traineeships to obtain practical training in the activities of the European Court of Auditors.
The Court of Justice of the European Union
1. Traineeships in interpreting : ten to twelve week long traineeships primary aimed at newly qualified conference interpreters whose language combination is of interest to the Interpretation Directorate.
2. General traineeships: up to five-month long traineeships generally undertaken in the Research and Documentation Directorate, the Press and Information Service or the Directorate-General for Translation. Applicants must hold a degree in law or political sciences.
10,361 total views, 6 views today