December 15, 2019 9:30 am
With the conclusion of our Nobel Prize Ceremony Countdown, we would like to take a last look at this year’s laureates. Throughout the Nobel Week, the week leading up to the Nobel Prize Ceremony, the laureate participated in multiple activities and events. One of the activities was for the laureates to present a lecture on their scientific or thematic field. Nobel Peace Prize laureate Abiy Ahmed Ali presented his lecture at his Nobel Prize Ceremony.
Each laureate showcased their findings and opinions with specific details and in-depth analysis. One of the 2019 Nobel Prize laureates in Physics, Didier Queloz, presented for instance a very detailed lecture on how he and another 2019 Nobel laureate, Michel Mayor, figured out that exoplanets exist. Didier went through the method of finding exoplanets using Doppler spectroscopy in his lecture. He explained the procedure of this technique through the use of a telescope. He also described in his lecture how we can figure out the atmosphere and mass of the exoplanets we find using light. So if you are interested in physics or the universe in general, we highly recommend watching this lecture.
You can find all the Nobel Lectures from this year’s laureates below.
- 2019 Nobel Lectures in Physiology or Medicine: Gregg L. Semenza, Sir Peter J. Ratcliffe and William G. Kaelin Jr
- 2019 Nobel Lectures in Physics: Didier Queloz (highlighted below), Michel Mayor and James Peebles
- 2019 Nobel Lectures in Chemistry: John Goodenough, Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino
- 2019 Nobel Lectures in Economic Sciences: Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer
- 2018 and 2019 Nobel Lectures in Literature: Olga Tokarczuk and Peter Handke
- 2019 Nobel Peace Prize Lecture: Abiy Ahmed Ali
Written by Mads Rise
Communication Trainee at the Terminology Coordination Unit of the European Parliament in Luxembourg. Holds a BA in English and IT-based Marketing and Communication from the University of Southern Denmark. Mads finished his BA with a thesis on Search Engine Optimisation and E-commerce. He has hands-on experience in web communication, SEO, administration and logistics.
251 total views, 3 views today