September 8, 2015 5:10 pm
The Terminology Coordination Unit will be hosting for the first time a big international terminology event, the TOTh (Terminology & Ontology: Theories and applications) 2015 workshop, in the historic Chamber of the European Parliament in Luxembourg, on the 3rd of December.
Check the new deadline for submission here.
Terminology work is not limited to the context of translation; it plays a key role in accessing and managing information.
There is potentially a huge need for terminology work in the context of web content management, SEO, UI, interoperability and data exchange between systems. Terminology should not only be available for people, but also be directly usable by database systems. Terminology management is essential for big data and explosive content growth: terminology data are knowledge and information assets.
The changes demanded by this evolution of society have consequences for terminology itself and for the standards that govern it.
The TOTh Workshop 2015 aims to focus on terminology and its standards in the changing context of our information society.
Some of the topics to be addressed include (this is a non-exhaustive list):
- Standards for and on Terminology:
- The ISO international standards from TC 37;
- The standards concerning the principles and methods, terminography and lexicography, terminology, knowledge and content management systems, management of language resources, translation and interpretation;
- W3C standards
- Applications that mobilise a terminological approach within:
- Information and knowledge processing and management;
- Language processing and language resources;
- The role of Terminology in the drawing of standards.
- The terminology commissions.
- 15 October 2015 (New deadline for submission here)
1 November 2015
About the TOTh Conferences
The TOTh Conferences bring together researchers, professionals and, more generally, all persons interested in issues related to language and knowledge engineering.
For more detailed information, please visit the website TOTh Conferences – Terminology & Ontology: Theories and applications.
Written by Maria Pia Montoro
Terminology Coordination Unit.
2,101 total views, 1 views todayTags: ontology, Terminology